Neopor 5300 Insulation
Neopor 5300 insulation material, from BASF, contains special graphite particles that reflect heat radiation, reducing heat loss. It is specified for use as above- and below-grade continuous exterior insulation and as thermal insulation in other building products used in walls, floors, and roofs. It economically meets insulation code requirements at industry standard thicknesses, demonstrating eco-efficiency, durability, vapor permeability, and low water absorption, and enabling a more sustainable final building product.
Features & Benefits:
- Unique silver-gray graphite reflects and absorbs radiant energy
- Long-term, stable R-value from 4.5 – 4.9 per inch at 75F
- R-value increases as temperature decreases
- Maintains more of its R-value when temperatures drop
- Does not use fluorocarbons (CFC, HFC, HCFC)
- Adaptable in size, thickness, shape and density up to 48”
- Can be shape molded with corners and interlocking features built in
- Class III Vapor Permeability rating of between 2.5 and 5.5
- Walls can ransport water vapor, reducing the likelihood of mold, mildew and structural damage.